As an MSer, you always hope. Perhaps you dream big, and you wish for a cure. Or you pray for a new form of medication to tackle your most annoying symptoms. In my case, I literally ache for better trigeminal neuralgia treatment before having to resort to surgery to numb or destroy the trigeminal nerve in my face. I also hope that one day, my severe fatigue will be something of the past by having medication that will keep me alert, awake and active without having nasty side effects.
Hoping for a cure? Of course. I am realistic though, as it might not happen in my lifetime. Simply being part of the solution, is all I wish for right now. Whichever comes first, the 8,000 people with MS in Ireland, 100,000 in the UK, 400,000 in the US and many other people around the world are looking forward, and simply… hope.
The list with positive MS-related news is a tiny bit early this month, but a lot of good news has come our way already. The list will be updated near the end of November with more good news.
- Use of Del-1 Protein Reduces Multiple Sclerosis Severity in Mouse Study
- Obesity May Help Cause Multiple Sclerosis; Vitamin D Might Help Treat It
- Multiple Sclerosis Stems from Immune System, Not Nervous System
- MRIs are Revealing Multiple Sclerosis in Patients, Even Before Symptoms Begin
- MS Program in Alberta Given $1.4 Million By Biogen Idec To Continue Groundbreaking Research
- Multiple Sclerosis, Autoimmune Disease Diagnoses, Treatments To Improve Using New DNA …
- Study Dispels Theory That Vaccinations Lead To Increased MS Risk
Medical treatment news
- Limb Spasm Treatments for MS Patients Explored by Flex Pharma and Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals
- Teva Pursues Regulatory Approval in Japan for MS Drug Copaxone
- New Microparticle Secondary Progressive MS Therapy Dosing Tested In Australian Clinical Trial
- FDA approves drug for relapsing multiple sclerosis
- Generic Glatiramer, Cannabis Product Advance for MS
- Experimental Multiple Sclerosis Drug Clears Key FDA Hurdle, To Be Tested in U.S.
- Neuroprotective Qualities of Masitinib Drug in Stroke Encouraging For MS Indication
- InSilico Medicine, CCARL collaborate to improve personalized medicine projects in multiple sclerosis
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Aubagio Gets Positive, New data From 2 Trials Added To U.S. Label
- Global Multiple Sclerosis Drugs Market Analysis Forecast to 2020
- Multiple Sclerosis Drugs and Companies Pipeline Review, H2 2014
- Will It Be Possible To Predict Good And Bad Days For Multiple Sclerosis Patients?
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America Launches New Patient Support Website
- ‘Breaking Bad’ spoof video raises awareness for multiple sclerosis
©Willeke Van Eeckhoutte and Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me, 2011-2014. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Willeke Van Eeckhoutte and Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.